Living the BMW Lifestyle – The African Way
BMW Clubs Africa is the Umbrella organisation for BMW Clubs in Africa. It is a member of the BMW Clubs International Council.
Club life in Africa can be traced back to 1981 when the BMW Club of South Africa was formed in Johannesburg, representing both cars and motorcycles.
In 1983/4 the Club became a member of the International Council. The umbrella Club for Africa was formalised in 1989 and restructured in 1994, and Club Africa was created to be the representative body of its Member Clubs.
In line with the Constitution of the International Council’ constitution; the club’s philosophy is to strives to attain and retain members for the following reasons:
- Host Club events in a democratic manner
- To conduct club events in an exemplary and responsible manner
- To support, encourage and take part in cultural and social activities
- To provide a special image to the public including compliance with traffic laws and regulations
- To assist fellow club members and BMW drivers and riders in distress
- To always seek to improve driving skills and drivers’ and riders’ responsibility to others
- To maintain their vehicles in the best possible condition for the safety of all concerned and aesthetics in order to reflect BMW values.